Sunday, December 20, 2015

Some failed attempts !! No regrets though..

Failed Attempts ! 

These are 2 paintings which tried but did not get favourable result.. It was a learning on what NOT to do next time and doing it again ;))

1. Half Moon & Lake

This is purely from a youtube instruction, Instructions were so good and I thought it can be done easily.. While I could get somewhat good lake.. Moon and clouds were messy, I later realized that I shouldnt have used so much of gesso rather should have used acrylic paint itself.. However it was a failed attempt and goes into a box !! 


2. Full moon & Lake

While on vacation in India, Tried it again.. this time thought of making moon smaller (In India you dont get to see LARGE moon :)) Few major mistakes I committed are 
- Did not prime the canvas, Quality of Moon was bad ! didnt work on creating crators !! 
- Clouds were too bad, not sure why I was not able to get clouds right.. 
- Acrylic was not sticking to canvas and getting dry too fast because I left cieling fan ON (it was warm day)
- And may be many more.. which are unknown to me too.. 

But my brother says he liked it.. he took it !! He better keep it in cellar or some box !! 

No comments:

Post a Comment