Sunday, December 6, 2015

Super Moon..

Orange Moon.. 

I started one painting back in October, Wanted to paint Super moon and a big tree which covers it, Wife saw a photo in National geographic and asked me if I can paint it.. Started it with great enthusiasm.. but not sure how, was not able to concentrate beyond a white moon and didnt have any clue to move forward with it.. 

Rested that canvas for well over 2 months.. until first weekend of December to complete that unfinished one..

I would consider this painting as original as I did not follow any youtube video, did not see any instructions nor any painting as such.. even introduced a Bench which I would like to take it into every (at least most) of my painting and have it like my signature ;)

Personal learning - Painting a moon at this size was not easy, getting those craters in a yellow and orange combination was not easy, Background had become too dark blue and my earlier experiment on this canvas was hindering some of the things.. 

But at the end, here is what it became and my kids do not want this to be given to any :) Best compliment a dad can get.. My brother's comment was best 'Superb location..we just need to find that bench now, sit there and talk for hours' 


This adores our living room now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment